Museum Method Wedding Gown Preservation
Museum Method™ wedding gown preservation is most similar to the preservation method museums use for storing their heirloom dresses. Your wedding gown can be preserved with this same method which will keep it in better condition than sealing it or boxing it.
Museum Method™ Wedding Gown Preservation Benefits
- You can admire your wedding gown any time. Your Museum Method™ preserved wedding gown is easily inspected. Just untie the cotton ties and be sure to wear the cotton gloves any time you handle your wedding gown.
- Your wedding dress is protected from permanent creases. Like paper, fabric is weakened where it is folded. Over time these folds can become permanent. With Museum Method™ wedding gown preservation, folds and creases are minimal.
- Your wedding gown is protected from acid migration. Museum Method™ wedding gown preservation supplies (tissue, padded hangers and and bust forms) help absorb acid in your wedding gown’s environment protecting your gown.
- Your wedding gown fabric can breathe! Textile conservators agree that all heirloom garments need to "breathe". With your wedding gown stored in our cotton bag, moisture can easily dissipate into the air instead of forming mold or mildew on your wedding gown.
- Your wedding dress is protected from yellowing. Our cotton wedding gown preservation bag is made from 100% acid-free, lignin-free cotton. Cotton has been used for preservation for centuries (think of those Egyptian mummies.) The cotton bag has no zippers that could rust or snag your dress.
- Our cotton preservation bag has two great pockets, one in front and one in back. The front pocket is great to keep your cotton gloves. (You should wear your cotton gloves any time you handle your wedding dress.) Another larger pocket is on the back of the preservation bag. The back pocket is perfect to keep a wedding photograph and a written story of your romance and wedding day.
Museum Method™ wedding gown preservation will keep your wedding dress in better condition than boxing or sealing it.
Find Local Providers
Find local providers of Museum Method™ wedding dress preservation for your treasured wedding gown below…